My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ticks love *****

So we a had a great relaxing weekend, but at what price??? If you have been following t his blog at all, you have probably figured out by now that the Keith family carries some bizarre and horrid curse.
When we returned from camp, we noticed Pierce had a few ticks around his groin, and what appeared to be chigger bites. On Monday, I noticed that he had a few more bug bites on his back. Wednesday morning, it appears as if Pierce has the chicken pox. Chad comes home from work Wednesday and we get in an argument

Chad, he has chicken pox.

No, jamie, it is bug bites.

No Chad, bug bites don't spread.

Chad pulls what appears to be a small scab off of one of the bumps and says, "I think it's a tick."

I say I don't think so, so he scans it and magnifies it 200 times and by golly it is definitely a bug of some sort

The extremely calm person I am (ha ha) I start screaming that Chad needs to take him to the ER right then, do not pass go, and the almost annoyingly calm person he is, he starts inspecting Pierce to see if indeed there is a bug in each 200 OR SO bites!!!

He leaves, I start looking frantically on line, convinced it can not possibly be ticks, and find horrid things like bed bugs and body lice and come dangerously close to stripping us all naked and checking into a hotel that way, surely people would understand...

Then I talk to Jim Beavers who tells me that ticks lay eggs on leaves and that he has found 2 inch thick bands of them in the creases of his jeans when he has been hunting, and that he has seen people have so many tick bites that it looks like they have chicken pox. GRROOOSSSSSS!!!

So, Pierce did indeed have that many tick bites, and they sent him home with an antibiotic and told Chad the best way to get any more that we find off was with tweezers. The amount of money it will take for his therapy.....

No words can correctly describe the scene in which a four year old boy is held down by his mother while his father goes after his groin with tweezers to take off a dozen or so miniscule ticks...

I bleached and washed anything in the house that would stand still, plopped very tiredly into bed at 1:30 a.m., and the rest of the story involves my husband and the tweezers, but I will let you use your imagination and the title of this story to figure that out...
Keithclan, 9:23 PM

1 Comments:

if I didn't like you so much I would probably never talk to you again...ewwwwww, did you have to put the picture of the actual tick that you tweezed from his balls on this post? I am soo sorry that had to happen to you all, the thought of the tweezers and pierce makes me shiver
ginny
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

Add a comment