My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, September 12, 2005

THANKS SO MUCH

So I am up really late and foolishly blogging, forgetting that I am not ranting into thin air, but airing my opinions for whoever wants to read them, but who cares what the 2 of you think. (get, it because no one reads my blog.)
Our friendly DHS caseworker came up today for her "Oh, your day wasn't bad enough, let me make it worse" visit. DHS comes to check on all childcare facilities because of all of the crappy childcare facilities that forget the word "care" is in their title. And because of all of these baby zoos that throw the kids semi-edible chow once a day or so and provide not a lot more, children in good facilities suffer because they make stupid rules thinking that if all daycares follow these stupid rules that care across the board will be better.
EXAMPLE:
Today I got in trouble because she saw me bringing laundry from the next room into our room which left my room "over", the cardinal sin of childcares. Yes, there were 5 children to 1teacher instead of 4, (as if 4 infants to one adult is a great thing). Why, you ask? Because we are sorting out a new laundry policy in which someone is supposed to do all the laundry in the morning. It didn't get done, and all our swaddling blankets were in the dryer. So I left 3 sleeping children and 2 wakeful children (wakeful here meaning screaming inconsolablly) to go get blankets in hope of calming down our new "breastfed and I will NOT take a bottle" 3 month old. That was wrong> Although all of the other classes were outside at the time, I should have waited until they came back in 30 minutes later and asked a spare teacher to cover me, while said baby screams nonstop.

I also was reminded that another daycare sin is allowing a baby to sleep in a swing. Yes, when the inconsolable baby miraculous falls asleep in the swing, you are to pick them up and move them to a crib, so they can commence wailing again. It is much better to have a child not nap and be miserable all day (which by the way also robs non-fussy babies of attention) then have them rest peacefully in a contraption I only WISH they made for adults to sleep in.

I guess the real question you all are asking is. "tell us again, Jamie, why you work with children while you have 5 of your own? have you sustained to much brain damage from repeatedly hitting your head in THE EXACT SAME SPOT forgetting to duck when you come out of your kids' closet, or were you born retarded?"

Anyway, just thought I give a shout out to crappy daycare workers everywhere for making my job that much harder! Thanks!
Keithclan, 5:45 PM

3 Comments:

word to the crappy daycare life!! um...i like your new teacher. or what i hear of her. want any cerel anyone???
Blogger brooke, at 9:33 AM  
jamie, you are hilarious!!!
Ginny
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 PM  
Miss Jamie,
Your dad lets me read the stuff that you add occasionally. I so enjoy your wit and sense of humor. I also admire you for the job that you do. What a blessing!! I got to do that too when my 3 kids were little. I would always do it again. Hang in there sister and thanks for the giggles. Have a good day.

Leslie McBride, one of your crazy dad's secretaries.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 AM  

Add a comment