My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The only downside, no more Sonya stories at coffee

Yes, my co-worker will finally be canned Monday morning. I know, I know, it IS shocking, especially when you consider how hard it is to find people who enjoy sitting on their *ss in a rocking chair doing nothing 3-4 hours a day. I am sure you are wondering what she could have possibly done that would merit firing? Obviously, her situation is one of those "final straw" type things. The final straw for my director was, her calling in on the day of our program when we are at maximum capacity asking if it was okay if she could be late because she needed to go ask a church to help her pay for her rent. Let's not forget that she gets $750 a month in food stamps, $730 a month from section 8, free insurance, a $3 a month phone bill, and recently moved to an apartment because she was tired of paying water and gas and the additional $100 for rent that section 8 did not cover and that now she will only have to pay electric. Let's also not forget that she told me in November that they had all they bills paid up, and the money she made at work would be "blow money". Let's remember that she recently went on a huge shopping spree to Old Navy, the Shoe Carnival,( because she hadn't bought herself a new pair of tenni-shoes since she started working there in September and her one year old needed Nikes, it's his first pair, ya know), and that she took all of her kids to have their pictures taken at the mall, asked me just monday if I wanted to order a pizza with her... anyway, I have gotten way sidetracked. sooo....
So my director says that she needs to come in, and she does, and tells ME that she is sick. We go downstairs to the program, and she goes back upstairs early with 2 babies leaving me downstairs with 6. When I get back upstairs, she informs me that she feels horrible and is going home. She is getting her stuff together, and then sits, you guessed it, in the rocking chair and starts saying "I need to go. I hope she sends someone over here soon. I feel terrible." So I go and get the other teacher and say, hey, a little help? Sonya is leaving, because she has No intention of working anymore that day, and then she leaves.
10 minuted later my director says "Where's Sonya?" and I say she went home sick, I thought you knew." And it comes out that she never told her she was sick, just that she was going to beg for money and had asked to leave at 11:30, not 10:50 when she actually left. Might not seem huge, but like I said, it's been a long time coming. ANYWAY

FAREWELL, SONYA J., AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!!

------"that momma said she'd be back in half an hour, that's 30 minutes, ya know."

------"ooh, I wonder if they bathe her, she smell like fish down there." (about a 3 month old baby)

------"bananas be fresh when they green. By the time they yellow, they already be bad."

-------"I been making my own baby food, too. I made my son some of that ravioli stuff..."(referring to Chef Boyardee)

------"you givin' him regular water? My son only drinks it with sugar in it."


-------"what's that?" "gua-co-mo-li? Oooh, that be green."

"mmmmm. THat's gooood"
Keithclan, 4:15 PM

2 Comments:

You forgot a few of her favorite ones to use, "I'm comin on!" (about her period) ewwww grosss! and "I gotta use it" (about the bathroom) and "OOOHHH that's loud", (about a baby's "dauper")

Stay tuned to see what the crazy bitch does tommorow when she is terminated and has no form of transportation to leave!
Blogger ashli, at 12:08 AM  
Too bad. I've loved those stories.

"I'm comin' on"?? I'll have to try that one.
Blogger Unknown, at 6:25 PM  

Add a comment