My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, March 27, 2006

Have you seen a little girl, pink shirt, pink shorts?

I brought little Lily home from school with me today while her mother went to have her first cavities filled. Since today was one of the first pretty days in over a week, the kiddos wanted to play outside. They had been outside for maybe 20 minutes when Pierce opened the gate and ran around to the front of the house to ring the doorbell. I decided that it was time for them to come inside, I had just talked to Ashli and she told me she was on her way. Everyone comes in, and Pierce tells me Lily is coming in the front. I look out the storm door for a minute,trying to keep Max from escaping, and don't see her, so I walk around the side of the house to the backyard. No Lily. I walk in the back door and say "are you sure she didn't come in the back door, go look upstairs." No Lily. I walk through the the house, the bathrooms, the bedrooms...No Lily. I send Pierce and Jordan down the street, around the corner shouting "LILY", No Lily, no response. I dial Ashli's number, grab Max, and jump in the van, not even closing the van door. The phone goes dead, and I decide it is better to find her quickly than talk to Ashli, who would no doubt be panicking, especially since she was in the scariest position, knowing she is missing and not being able to help find her...I drive around the block, there are 3 people in their yards. I slow down to ask "have you seen a little girl, pink shirt, pink shorts" even though I was screaming "LILY" and surely to God if they had they would have said something... They all say no. Ashton runs to the park yelling "LILY"... My neighbor says "are you looking for a little girl?" "yes!" "pink shirt, pink shorts?" "Yes!" "okay, I'm going to help!" She gets in her car and goes one way and I take off and go the other way down the block, and I have to stop for about 30 seconds to wait on a trash truck. While I am sitting there, the sickest feeling I have ever felt comes over me. "I need to call the police" I think "they will nedd to put out an Amber alert as soon as possible, because someone has her". I turn the corner to come back home, and my neighbor meets me, coming the other way. "I HAVE HER!"
She had followed my dog out of the yard, made it a block and a half away, sat down in someone's driveway, crying, with my dog sitting right next to her. Definitely the scariest moment in my life!!! It took me 5 days to finish this, and it still makes me just as sick to think about it. It makes me thank God she is okay, and pray for anyone who was in the same situation without such a fortunate outcome.
"
Keithclan, 4:53 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment