My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Another two and a half hours I will never have back

Please tell me why I torture myself, Please? As most of you know and the rest of you can probably guess, I very rarely make it to the movies. My outings usually consist of: A) grocery store
B) evening walks with the midget
C) soccer games, t-ball games, etc.
D) chauffeuring kiddos to oh so important social events
E) coffee (Ahhh, coffee)
Very rarely movies. So why do I insist on those rare occasions when I see a movie that is not animated picking one based on a book that I have read and appreciated? Oh, yeah, I'm a moron!
Last 2 adult movies I have seen:
Memoirs of a Geisha. SUCKED!! I think they tried to dumb it down for us uncultured Americans. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated this movie, it was actually painful to sit through.
Davinci Code. Just saw it tonight, although it didn't suck quite as bad as Geisha, it was still indeed the opposite of good. It was boring, and I just don't see why they changed the things they did. Very disappointing, to say the least. I just kept thinking of all the movies I could have been seeing that were undoubtedly better, like "Thank You for Smoking". If I should ask any of you in the future to join me at the theater, just take me $6.00, make me some microwave popcorn, give me some Benadryl, and when I wake up, tell me I went and it was great.
Keithclan, 1:10 AM

4 Comments:

Oh it wasn't that bad. I think that Tom Hanks was a bad choice but all in all it wasn't the worst movie ever. Did you ever see Cold Creek Manor, Billy Madison, or White Noise?!!
Blogger Summer, at 5:39 PM  
Oh Jamie I think you are to hard on that movie. DaVinci was good! Given that the book was extraordinary they did an unbelievable job with the characters (minus Tom Hanks, I mean the claustrpohobia thing was ridiculous). They took out the end part about her grandfather to make it a little more exciting. Tsk, Tsk.
Blogger ginny, at 2:42 PM  
Okay, I guess I need to lay down the rules for my comments section: I am only interested in hearing your opinion if it is the same as mine! The movie was not good, people! Tom Hanks did a not good job, and I love Tom Hanks, and the ending ddrrraaagggeedd, and the spoken dialouge that in the book is mental dialouge seemedvso obviously that that it was silly! Get out more often, people!
Bye the way, the last movie I saw that was based off a book I have read and loved was the last Harry Potter. THAT was a good movie!
Blogger Keithclan, at 3:48 PM  
those are 2 movies I was anxious to see! haven't read Geisha, and read Code a couple of years ago so don't remember many details (have trouble remembering yesterday). sorry you thought they were THAT bad. I might watch them anyway ... since I really won't know the difference.

have you called your mother lately?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

Add a comment