My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, August 21, 2006

Fan Mail

Dear Dooce,

Being an avid reader, I can't help notice your extreme disdain for excessive exclamation mark usage. While on the one hand I can see your point, on the other hand, I think it is just another acceptable rule of "blogging grammar". OMG I am LMAO thinking about what our grandchildren will think about us when they read about blogging in their history books. They will probably think WTF?! When they see that we used random CAPITALIZATIONS of entire WORDS for EMPHASIS, or questions marks? in the middle? of sentences? Orhowwewrotewholephraseswithoutusingspacestoshowourexcitement! I can just see this conversation on some school playground in the distant future:

Dooce's grandchild: "What's wrong?"

Hatemailer's grandchild: "You know how we are doing research for our ancestry project? Well, I just found out my grandma had one of those blog things, and...(sob, sob)...she used...(sob, sob)....Excessive exclamation marks!"

Dooce's grandchild: "That's nothing! My grandma had one, too, and she posted countless pictures of her dog with different things on its head, cursed like a sailor, and this one time? She took a picture of a corndog stick that came out of her dog's butt!"
Keithclan, 8:36 AM

1 Comments:

You kill me.

When I read other bloggers criticizing grammar, spelling, punctuation, all the stuff I just laugh. Who cares that much?? I mean really? We aren't in a contest for Caldecott Medals or Nobel Prizes for literature. Puleeze.
Blogger Unknown, at 10:57 AM  

Add a comment