My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, August 25, 2006

Super Nanny is for suckers

I just reread the post from earlier this morning. Wow, it's got enough typos and grammatical errors to rival my boss! I would normally go back and fix them, but I will refrain today as to show the world the effects of sleep depravation. I have literally had 2 hours of sleep in the last 24.

We moved Max to a toddler bed, which is not much of a move since he has been sleeping in a pack-n-play half the night and our bed the other. I decided the big part of this move would be getting him out of our bed. I thought I'd give the ol' super nanny technique a try.

I dare that bitch to come to my house, she is no match for my youngest.

Chad and I stayed up until about midnight, at which time Max came walking into the living room. For 2 1/2 hours I picked him up and put him back in his bed. I wasn't giving in. Then he realized Pierce was asleep in the same room. This being Pierce's first week of school, I folded.

I took him in to our room, and gave him to Chad. I came back into the living room, thinking, why not wait another 30 minutes? What's the difference in going to bed at 2:30 or 3:00? (and desperatly needing a breather from the kid) When I went to bed, HE WAS STILL AWAKE!!! Singing softly, kicking Chad, it took him another 30 minutes to fall asleep. And then I couldn't sleep. I estimate I went to sleep about 4:00, was awake by 6:30, and was afaid if I took a nap today, I wouldn't wake up in time to pick up the kids.

By the way, he woke up at 7:00, and has only had a 2 hour nap (his usual amount). I am looking forward to bedtime, a little tonight, I figure he will want to go to bed early, and I am not above paybacks.
Keithclan, 3:47 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment