My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bad Day

Woke up at 8:15, and knew I should just hide under the covers all day. Wishing I had. Tried to fake energy and excitement for Pierce, (it is his birthday) It worked. He left in a great mood. When he got in the car after school, he seemed a little depressed. I asked if they had sung Happy birthday to him, he said no, because he was late. I was perturbed. Seriously? His teacher called me at work later. She said she was very sorry, and although we passed out invitations to his party, she had it written on her calendar that his birthday was in November, and it didn't click until she heard me say "hello, six year old boy!" when I picked him up from school that she thought "Hmmmm." So she went and looked a the school records and called me immediately to apologize. And she did. A lot. And I was very impressed, (seriously).
Thought I would focus on the best part of my day, although with all the bad, I'm pretty sure it doesn't equal half full. But it is a drop.
Keithclan, 3:29 PM

3 Comments:

Last year on Grace's birthday I came up to her school to celebrate with the other kids and right when the teach saw me said, "Oh my God, I completely forgot it was Grace's birthday today." She scrambled around for a little while, hanging pictures (the same school photo) around the calendar area and then informed me that they usually make a really cute poster with various pictures for the birthday person. I was also slightly perturbed because she could have said nothing and I would have been none the wiser! Sorry your day was so shitty.
Blogger ginny, at 3:49 PM  
lol! Your comments soooooooooo made my day. You are too funny.

Don't you hate it when you want to be mad at someone and then they start apologizing profusely and you just can't be mad anymore? I hate that. Seriously though, the poor teacher. How awful.

I hope he had a wonderful birthday anyway and I hope his teacher totally goes overboard tomorrow. Birthdays are important.

Now about that conference for moms with too many kids. Ground rules: you must drive a mini-van. it must have peanutbutter on at least 1 seat and crumbs in every other seat. there should be several empty juice boxes lying about. the required dress will be anything consisting of fleece or flannel. the only hair accessory will be elastic, but it can be in the color of your choice.

Yes, that is how it should be and then FINALLY all shall be right with the world.
Blogger Pam, at 10:28 PM  
I sincerely hope today is a better day- and that Pierce is given big props at school today. -Camille
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Add a comment