My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The boob tube

Things are very busy now, lots on my mind, too much and too complex to blog about, so let's stick to my "therapist"- the boob tube. I try to get in a 2 hour session nightly, which is hard because we don't have DVR and there isn't much to watch when the kiddos are in bed. So sometimes my sessions get a late start or are cut short. Here are some highlights from the last few weeks.


PROJECT RUNWAY: My picks for the top 3:


Notice my boy Kayne didn't make the cut. It saddens me, but Laura has more talent. Michael Knight will win.






I am not the only person to be unusually upset
by the passing of the Crocodile Hunter

I think it is because he truly seemed to have never lost the zeal of life from childhood. He seemed such a genuine person, and it sickens me to hear the "he should have been more careful" type reports that cheapen his memory. Makes me want to write a song for him like Natalie Merchant did for River Pheonix....


Watched a another episode of Super Nanny, and was equally unimpressed.
Isn't this on this same network that Extreme Home Makeover is on? Is the best help they can offer a woman who is extremely overwhelmed with the task of taking care of seven children a few Rubbermaid containers? She criticized her housekeeping skills, (which were rather shocking) without giving any real suggestions for improving them. Again, I am shocked that the subject of childcare outside of the home is not explored. The family seemed to have no support system whatsoever, and her husband was being deployed for a year and a half. A support system should have been emphasized.

Jordan and Ashton and I watched a few episodes of Little People, Big World. I was impressed by the parents, not "despite their handicaps", but in general. Ten feet tall or two feet, they seem like great parents who are truly preparing their children to be self confident, happy adults. Jordan was a little disturbed by their messy house. She also told me the other day that she knows that if we went on Wife Swap a messy mom would come to our house. Is it wrong that that makes me happy?

Must go and watch Project Runway, you can call me Nostradamus when my predictions come true.....
Keithclan, 7:21 PM

5 Comments:

Nothing wrong with a little TV therapy, I say.

Project Runway- I think it's a toss up between Uli and Jeffrey (ugh) with Michael and Laura for top three. I think Jeffrey is more diverse than Uli. Up until last night I thought Laura had it in the bag for top three but now I'm worried. She and Uli cut everything from the same pattern. I'm so sick of the v-neckline down to the navel dress and the strappy hippy sundress. It's getting a bit redundant. Neither one ever makes anything but dresses, too. I'm worried for my gal Laura.

SO GLAD to have Vincent gone.

I watched the same SuperNanny and was really disappointed. I think the gal's husband and the Nanny totally missed the red flags on this one. And what was up with not asking the teenage daughter to help out?

Maybe we should start a tv review blog. I'm a dork.
Blogger Unknown, at 10:43 AM  
Ok- I almost jumped on and commented to you last night- then ended up watching Million Dollar Listing, just for shits and giggles- but what I wanted to say was - If Jeffrey should win this show, I will lift my television over my head in a fit of mad rage and smash it to bits on the street. He is a such a hole- narcissistic(sp?) and insecure at the same time.

I saw that Supernanny, too- and thought that woman had such a hollow look in her eyes, she definitely needed more intervention than that show could offer. And yeah, could the teenager not lift a finger?- and why was the dad so emotionally absent in her life; I missed that part.

Lastly, I, too, really admire the Little people, Big world parents. They're admirable. -camille
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  
I have yet to watch Project Runway, I feel a little left out on this one. I agree on the nanny one though. You and I talked that night, and she is a nut, nothing good will come of this lady.
Summer
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  
I'm not even gonna get into the Supernanny issue because I got a lot her stuff off older shows and used it and it worked pretty well with my girl. But onto project runway...Michael, Michael, Michael! He just seems to get it and has no hangups or rude or annoying behavior like some of the others. I like Laura, but I agree with Leslie and Karen, too much of the same thing. Jeffrey won't win, no way.
I too was deeply saddened. I loved this man, what a true gem!
Blogger ginny, at 3:29 PM  
ok, the last part of my comment was about steve irwin, not jeffrey!
Blogger ginny, at 3:31 PM  

Add a comment