My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, September 22, 2006

It really does hurt me more

Why do so many lessons in life have to be so hard to learn? I wish we had cameras installed in our heads at birth, so we could take snippits to show our children,here's the mistake I made, and here was it's consequence. I know even if we did, our kids would say "but that was DIFFERENT. Things were different when you were my age, can't you tell by how dorky your fashion trends were and how cool and timeless ours are now*?"
My daughter is entering the tween stage, which I am feeling less and less prepared for. I miss time-outs and redirection, I am not ready for grounding and missing out on experiences I really want her to have.
I need to go, I have a date with a 1 and 3 year old and some playdough and some much easier lessons (playdough does not go in your mouth, though excessive smelling is totally acceptable.)


*I am very aware that the fact I used the words dorky and cool would only seem to help prove that very point.
Keithclan, 9:39 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment