My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, October 27, 2006

Bittersweet surrender

Let it be known that on the 27th day of October, in the year 2006, at precisely 11:43 a.m., Jamie Keith held up her white flag, and admitted defeat. While I will still go head to head with the laundry, duke it out with the dishes, and (pointlessly?) try to teach my daughters that folding clothes nicely or putting them on hangers makes them look much nicer when you wear them.... While I will still try to convince my 18 month old, who has tasted candy and doesn't understand why in the world we would EVER eat anything else ("why mom, are you COOKING whole grain pasta? There is a bucket of candy right there on the counter, little pieces of heaven that merely need to be UNWRAPPED!"), yes, I will still try to explain to him about nutrition.....


But the clutter. The. Infinite. Clutter. I have given up.


No longer will I spend countless hours picking up piles of random items and try to put each thing back in it's proper place, while, simutaniously, 3 or 4 new piles are being made.

A candy wrapper, 3 legos, a battery, and a sock. Yes, I am sure Macguyver could have made a walkie-talkie, but all I get is a headache.


A 2 week old homework paper, an empty baby wipe container, a strawberry shortcake figurine, and a hairclip. The professor might have made a contraption to get Gilligan off of his little island, but it is liable to land me in the nut house.


Who knows? Maybe the war will be waged by other members of the Keithclan? (pause for laughter)


But this lady is finished. I will resume the war when all of my children are old enough to join the army on filth, say teenage years? (anyone with teenagers, feel free to guffaw) :)
Keithclan, 11:49 AM

2 Comments:

I swear those random piles procreate while I'm not looking. Never, EVER leave the legos alone with the paper clips...it's not pretty:)

I totally had a crush on McGyver when I was younger...Loved his mullet, who am I kidding - he's still a hottie!
Blogger Pam, at 9:50 PM  
I haven't stopped by your blog in a while. Just thought I would stop by and see how those kiddos of yours were. Max looked cute, cute, cute.
Summer
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

Add a comment