My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, November 06, 2006

Pride (in the name of love)

Just thought I would give a few updates on the clan....

Jordan



She was elected vice president of the student counsel, had great grades this semester, and is singing in both the Honors choir at school and a small girls' choir. She has one of only 2 solos this Thursday for the honors choir fall program.

Ashton


She is practicing earnestly for her upcoming starring role in Annie. Alright, so she's not THE star, but Annie wouldn't be much without, Molly, right? She also had fabulous grades, and is finally starting to realize that reading fiction is fun (or at least she is humoring me). We just finished Edward Tulane, great book!


Pierce


He is really growing up! The reading is going great, and so is school in general. He is "a joy to have in class": music to my ears!


Lillian


I promise I am proud of her, but right now what I appreciate most about her is the comic relief.
Conversation the day after Halloween, Pierce and Lillian on the couch in the living room, mom in the bathroom getting ready for work:
"Yes It IS Pierce! I KNOW what it is called! I am going to ask mommy."
She marches assuredly into the bathroom.
"Mom, when you have a bunch of candy, and you give a few pieces away (Pierce wanted to bring some candy for his teacher), isn't that called wasting?"
"no, Lillian, it's called sharing."
"(long sigh) Okaayyyy."

One evening, she was trying to convince me to let her watch a movie.
"Please mommy? Pleaseee Mommy? Please? (folds arms bats eyelashes)
"Mommy, I pinky promise you I'll be good. PINKY promise."
"Mommy? You're so pretty."
(no, I didn't cave)

Max



Ahhh Max. How can you not be proud of someone so set in their convictions? Who knows what they want and will stop at nothing to get it? (that something by the way, candy)
Last week, before school, I saw him in the hall with a sucker. I took it away, and 5 minutes later he had another. I take it, and follow him as he marches defiantly into my directors office, and pulls another from a basket on her desk. I take it away, put the basket up high, and turn around to talk to a co-worker. A minute later, her face goes white, she starts pointing her finger and muttering unintelligibly. I turn around, and he is about to put a screwdriver in an electric pencil sharpener. His motto in life: "GIVE ME CANDY, OR GIVE ME DEATH"
Keithclan, 4:56 PM

1 Comments:

cute kids!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 AM  

Add a comment