My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, December 15, 2006

The 10 second version...

Alright, so I officially quit my job, which went relatively smoothly (there was even a little bit of faked "sad to see ya go" on her part). Sorry, Pam, I didn't follow your advice, but I do still have 3 days left, so she may still get my letter (and I'll keep my video camera handy In case there are any exciting moments).

I made it to 2 of the 3 parties, my 2, and Chad took all of the kids to his staff party. Yes, I know HE watches all the kids, he's a saint, I watch all the kids, I'm a mom.

The "new job" party was a little stressful, I'm nervous meeting new people, especially when they all already know each other. They all seem like very nice people.


My "old job" party went well, too. So maybe even my closest friends there are not as "nice" of people, but definitely some fun people (you know, people who enjoy a good practical joke, and know the only way to survive with sanity is to laugh about this situation, people like me). I know this move was inevitable, I don't want to go down with the ship (and trust me, it IS sinking), but I am a little sad. There are people I will miss, and people my children will miss, (one teacher in particular that Max is going to miss in a BIG way), and I really hoped I would be able to stay to see it turn around.

Anyway, that took longer than the 10 seconds I had allotted to blog in the "CHRISTMAS IS HOW CLOSE????" panic that currently sums up my life....

By the way, Lizzie, sorry I didn't call you back, but I am currently working at our church. And if you are seriously wanting to come along, I could ask if they need anyone else.....
Keithclan, 7:12 PM

1 Comments:

Congrats on officially quitting your job:) It's always such a good feeling to get that sort of thing over with!

The saint and the mom. Somebody should write a novel on that. Well, at least a short story:)
Blogger Pam, at 9:49 AM  

Add a comment