My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, December 04, 2006

Letter

Dear "reborn baby" people,
I am not sure which of you scares me more: Those of you who spend (I can only guess) an obscene amount of hours "giving life" to these "dolls", or those of you who spend obscene (upwards of $300) amounts of money buying them. I am horrified to see that them come with heartbeats, "warming devices" (so that they feel real when you hold them), and "butt plates" so that you can have their bottoms stick out of drop-drawer pajamas.

I enjoy holding newborns more than most people, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Because when you start to make people who knit matching sweater and bootie sets for their 10 cats and take them to a studio to have their pictures taken look good.....



Sincerely,
Mom to many







If you want to be further horrified, search "reborn baby" on e-bay
Keithclan, 6:54 PM

4 Comments:

That is like the grossest thing I've ever seen. seriously.
Blogger brooke, at 9:56 PM  
Ditto Brooke! Did you notice the company name?

ejk
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  
What the hell is a reborn baby?!! This is very scary.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  
I can totally see this leading to something very bad happening. Seriously, there are some sick people out there and you always here about people faking pregnancies and then stealing babies....really, this could be a scary thing.
Blogger Pam, at 2:41 PM  

Add a comment