My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Here's to 2007!

The year of new beginnings! I started my new job today, and while in some ways it is definitely more demanding, and I did come home a little tired, I am not in the least bit frustrated. Or disappointed. There are expectations of me, and I am happy to meet them. They include more than returning children alive to their parents, and making sure the don't escape, and if they do escape, standing behind the teacher, until threatened by her parents, and then, of course, swearing you always knew she was no good. The expectations are established with the best interest of the children in mind. And everything is clean! And bright! And pretty! And I had a morning potty break AND a lunch break! I'm a little excited, can you tell :)

I am trying something new for my mental health and well being, and while I will NEVER SAY THAT ANTIDEPRESSANTS ARE WRONG OR THAT PEOPLE SHOUDN'T TAKE THEM, I don't want to be on them for the rest of my life. This is more natural, and it makes sense to me, and after I have tried it for a while, I will talk about it, but right now I want to go into it with a positive attitude and don't want to hear any "My aunt tried that, and she liked it, until she grew that third breast" stories. So stay tuned.

Ashton has her debut tomorrow as Molly in "Annie", and I am VEEERRRRYYY excited! I kinda hope there aren't any talent scouts in the audiance, because of course they would want her to start making blockbuster movies right away, and I'm not quite ready for that yet.

Jordan applies for college, er, middle school this month, and I am very hopeful. She has an amazing voice that just about proves she is really Harry Conick Jr.'s lovechild, because I don't think it came from my husband, and it sure didn't come from my tone-deaf self.

I have to say, I feel at peace. I may not have a glamorous life, or by any normal standards an exciting one, but it is mine. And I love it. Every loud, sleepless, filthy second of it. I was definitely derailed for a while, but I can feel myself pulling back onto the tracks. And it feels great. I am proud of all that I have overcome in the past year. By. My. Self. ANd I don't think there is any high like rediscovering your own inner strength. So here is to 2007, may it blow the pants off 2006!
Keithclan, 4:45 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment