My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, January 22, 2007

Written while grinning from ear to ear

I am getting paid. For the snow days. That I didn't work! I am seriously in shock. AND I am making more than I thought I would. Not drastically more, but enough to make me smile. A lot. The money is not the only reason I decided to change jobs, but it is definitely nice. I still love every other aspect of my new job. Absolutely nothing to complain about. What a difference!


We went to Ashton's Annie cast party last night. I really like the people who run the theater. They have 7 kids, and I love feeling like I don't have that many (which is probably how everybody else feels around me). One little boy said (through tears) that he probably wouldn't be able to do any more shows, because his father had left them, and they didn't know where he was or what they were going to do about money. He was told without hesitation that he didn't need to worry about money, he was more than welcome to participate for free. And then the said a very thoughtful (not preachy or condescending) prayer for his family. It was really moving. I love to see that kind of love and generosity. It makes me smile a lot, too.


Keithclan, 3:50 PM

2 Comments:

I wish I had the money to take care of all those little guys in bad situations. Breaks my heart. There just shouldn't be so much to deal with when you are a little kid. Goodness knows there's plenty of that stuff waiting for you when you become an adult!

Congrats on the extra pay! I still get excited when I find a dollar in the laundry:)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  
That is a very cute picture of Ashton.

And what a great tidbit about her little friend.

Ok. I think I FINALLY have you bookmarked with the correct address so that I don't keep ending up at that weird hijackers site.
Blogger Unknown, at 5:09 PM  

Add a comment