My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Sunday, February 18, 2007

This week in why I love my kids

1. The biggest news this week is that Jordan was accepted to Classen in the vocal music department! I can tear up the brochures for military school! I am ridiculously proud of her, she really did a lot of work, a lot of growing up this year to achieve this goal.

2. Pierce is sooo excited about learning EVERYTHING. He reads every sign he sees, if he can't read it, he will spell it and ask what it means. He is always counting/adding things, and loves to do inventive writing. He wrote several pages about our trip to the zoo today. "Wee sal seels." Yes, we are raising yet another okie, who adds an "l" to the end of any "aw" word. And he loves for me to sing to him at night, even though I have never sang a single note in tune (I don't quite have that Lizzee touch). He thinks I have a beautiful voice. His favorite song right now is "On top of spaghetti."

3. Lillian wants to read. The other day she and Pierce were having an argument as to whether or not Lillian was really reading a book. I told her that although she was not reading the words like Pierce was, that she was telling wonderful stories, and it is a great thing to be a storyteller. Not satisfied, she started making letter sounds "Ca, ca, cat. Ta, ta, turtle. See mommy, now I sound just like Pierce when he reads, so I am reading." She can now write Chad, mom, Max, and Lillian from memory.

4. Ashton loves riddles. She has been checking out riddle books from the library, and is proud to remember those she finds particularly clever. Like, "What is the first thing a bumble bee puts into your drink? His bee-hind."

5.Max, poor Max. He is still having a very hard time adjusting to mother's day out. He doesn't like sharing me or anything else with the other kids. He is very aggressive, and is even having nightmares about the whole thing. Two nights in a row, he would scream out, "No! No! Mine! Mine!" He is really taking one for the team. Pierce, Lillian and I are loving our new environment, I hate to see him suffer for the greater good. We had a great weekend, though. We borrowed a Laurie Berkner video from the library, and he loves it. I loves a change from The Wiggles and Dora. He also loved the zoo today.



Keithclan, 7:55 PM

4 Comments:

Ok. First, those pictures are so cute.

Second, remind me the ages of your kids again? Congrats to Jordan! Is this a performing arts school?

A joke for Ashton: Why was tigger in the toilet? Because he was looking for Pooh.

I bought a Laurie Berkner CD this week and I kinda like her but I can't play her for very long. The yodeling thing she does with her voice puts my teeth on edge after about five songs. I think we still like Raffi the best. AND I saw that rockabye cd thing at Target- it was Rockabye Coldplay.

That is all.
Blogger Unknown, at 11:07 PM  
Yay, Jordan!!!!!!!!!
I'm suprised we did not see you at the zoo. We were there Sunday and Monday - nice days.
Lizzee
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  
ugh! my comment got lost somewhere out in the bloggosphere.

so, this one will be short and sweet since i'm now frustrated with the computer. :)

that is a sweet picture! i can hardly get mine to sit still long enough for me to actually get all five in the picture... one is bound to turn around, duck down, walk off, or crawl away... or just flat refuse to be in the picture to begin with!! :):):)
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 12:34 PM  
Karen, Yes, Jordan is going to a school that focuses on fine arts. She's 11 going into 6th grade.

Love the joke! So does Ashton (she's 8)

I assume you are talking about the "Walk along the River" song from Laurie Berkner? It's pretty bad. Ashton's favorite song was Baby Beluga by Raffi for a long time. We had to listen to it nonstop whenever we got in the car. And last year Pierce had to listen to Joshua Giraffe at least 3 times before he went to sleep. it was on a Raffi tape (yes, we still own and use a tape player), so I ahd to switch it several times at night. By the way, have you heard that song? Raffi had to be under the influence of something strange when he wrote it. Anyway, although I have known love for Raffi, we are seeing other people right now. And, I think I mean this, I hope the two of you are happy :)
MOM TO MANY
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

Add a comment