My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sweet dreams

One of the women I work with loves to find fun music for kids that doesn't make adult ears bleed. I have been a fan of Trout Fishing in America and TMBG kids cds for awhile,and I am always up for something new and NOT Dora. Max is still convinced that the Wiggles are the best, and doesn't show much interest in anything else, but if I have to hear Hot Potato one more time, I may shove a few hot potatoes in a few Wiggles. That's right, I'll wake up Jeff...

I was browsing through children's music and found this site which turns music we grew up with into lullabies. What a fun idea! You can listen to samples on their website, and while at first it might seem a little wrong to listen to "head Like a Hole" on a glockenspiel, it grows on you. Just another idea that cold have/should have been my million dollars...





Keithclan, 12:49 PM

5 Comments:

A few CD's I like are "For the Kids" (there's a part II, but I don't have that one)and "A World of Happiness"- both are contemporary artists doing kids songs (some new, some old), Jim Gill (his songs are funny, I think), and Jerry Garcia has an album called "Not For Kids Only"- folky stuff, but really great... I check out all the childrens music from the library and burn what I like (don't tell!!) Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  
Elena, i have heard the Jerry Garcia album, and like it, and I have heard the for kids 2, but not the first one, I like the second one though, I will habve to check out Jim Gill. I listen to the cds my coworker burns from the cds she checks out from the library, and then I download them from limewire. Maybe we can be cellmates...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  
lullabys by Metallica - that might be the coolest thing I've ever heard of!
Blogger Pam, at 12:21 PM  
I think I'd like a Rockabye Baby Pearl Jam, please.

But seriously, I am in the process of blogging a bunch of my favorite things and one of them is my kids' Raffi CD's. I love that guy. One of the very few that don't make me feel homicidal.
Blogger Unknown, at 1:19 PM  
My kids like for me to sing Phish songs to them at bedtime. Oh wait, Jamie does too.

Lizzee
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

Add a comment