My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'd rather have the frogs and locusts, thank you

Hey, what grosser than head lice? PINK EYE!!! And we have had it bad. Worse than bad. Horrible. I couldn't look Lillian in the eyes on Sunday. Have you ever seen the movie 28 Days Later? That's what her eyes looked like. Pink was an understatement. She had red eyes.

The bright side? At least Ashton didn't get it (I am knocking on the computer desk). Although Friday her beloved hamster, the one she
inherited from her friend who moved to Germany, escaped from its cage. We spent hours looking for it. I cleaned under all my furniture. Maybe you people do that on a regular basis, but around here, if you can't see it, it isn't dirty. I gave up around 9:00 p.m. My dog ( my twelve year old dog) kept sniffing under the bed in our room. I looked, I swept away every last dust bunny, but I
saw nothing. Max started jumping on the bed after we put his jammies on, and the dog began whimpering and scratching at the floor. I looked under the bed again, and noticed that the backing of the box spring had come undone a little. We decided to look, why not? And there he was! In the box spring of our bed! We quickly tacked up the backing, because if that rodent found its way in... I'd rather not think about it. Ashton was elated. Buddy is doing fine.

So I am anxiously awaiting the next plagues. I am guessing it will be the stomach flu, followed by strep throat, with some sort of icky rashy thing next, and then, who knows? Someone gets bit by a rabid squirrel? Can't wait to find out!

Here are some school pics of the youngest two. Enjoy
!
Keithclan, 7:20 PM

2 Comments:

I used to babysit 3 little boys whose hamster escaped constantly. At least you found the little booger. The school pics are adorable.
Blogger Heather, at 7:29 AM  
ughhh I HATE PINK EYE!!! And the looks you get from people if your kids do manage to catch it - like you don't ever bathe them or something and that's how they got it - oh please!

At least you found the hamster alive in your mattress:)
Blogger Pam, at 4:08 PM  

Add a comment