My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, April 02, 2007

Pretty sure I want to be able to count all my chickens on one hand

I love all my kids. A lot. I can't imagine my life without a single one of them. Although none were officially planned, none are at all regretted.

That being said, I feel my family is complete. Sure, I look at tiny baby toes, floppy heads, babies smiling in their sleep...and ache just a little. But I am really excited about all of the things my kids are doing now and will do in the future. I want to be a homeroom mom. I want to be able to watch their soccer/t-ball/basketball games, go on school field trips... (not to mention that I would like to one day be able to see the bottom of my hamper). And that is hard to do with five. I can't imagine it with six. And the grandchildren, people. There will be many, they will be spoiled.

So, when my personal Psychic Friends Network (ejk) mentioned a dream with a new Keith daughter, the same friend who has had premonitions about two Keith kids, and whose son had a premonition about another, lets just say I am not going to work too hard at getting Max out of our bed anytime soon. Maybe Chad can sleep in Max's toddler bed?

Oh, and when talking with another friend, I said

"hey, you should get together this Wednesday with my family and ejk's family for dinner."

And she said "what?"

I repeated myself, and she said "I could have sworn you just said you were pregnant."

So

dear ejk,

The future of our marital relations is in your hands. We will make no decisions without assurance from you that they will not result in a baby girl that looks like Max and has a masculine name. If you could please have another dream in the near (very near) future, it would be much appreciated by me (and probably even more by Mr. Keith)......pause for ecckks, and ewwws. Thanks in advance for your speedy response.

Sincerely,
Mom to plenty


Keithclan, 3:24 PM

5 Comments:

That is hilarious. I'm secretly jealous, I always wanted a big family. But, alas, I waited until I was 30 for the first, and married an old man. I'm just hoping for 2. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to meet them all in May! Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 PM  
I'm trying to decide if I've gotten to that point yet.

You make me laugh.
Blogger Unknown, at 10:53 AM  
I haven't gotten that sense of "done" yet. I think I'll know when our family is complete. (Or God will let me know when no more babies come!) I'm thinking I've got two hands... so hopefully I'll get to use my other one to count one or two someday.:)

Yes, I've got some HSM fans... the older three like it a lot. I like it a lot. Even my husband thinks it's funny. Rosy's was good, but we only had dinner there. Yep, went to the ice cream shop and didn't have ice cream! Crazy, I know. Especially knowing that they have good ice cream! But decided to save a little money. But... I had already made the birthday ice cream pie at home, so it was all good.
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 11:59 AM  
Whew! I'll see what I can do.

-Lizzee
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  
lol!!!

When I was pregnant with our last (Peanut) my sister informed me that she had just talked to our aunt who thought I was pregnant. My sister laughed it off and said something like, "can you believe she thought you were pregnant?? YOU - AGAIN!"

Needless to say she wasn't laughing nearly as hard when I finally did tell her I was pregnant and that would bring our total to 5:)

I feel for you!
Blogger Pam, at 11:31 PM  

Add a comment