My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My fantastic idea

Raise your hand if you are getting a bit tired of the presidential candidate "debates" already. My hand is waving like Horshack's on Welcome Back Cotter.

My husband made me sit through part of the republican debate last night, but he was forced with threats of violence to change the channel when Mitt Romney stated that not only did he support No Child Left Behind, but that he believes standardized tests are an excellent way of judging how a school is performing and that they help inner city schools enormously. Hmmm, I can't tell you in a thousand words or less how absolutely and completely ludicrous that statement is. Standardized test have been denounced by educators as a way to adequately judge progress for two decades now. They judge how well kids can take test, and fill in circles. Period. And they rob students from time that could be spent learning. Let's see Bush and Romney's kids attend an inner city public school, and then I will consider listening to their views.

And the democrats? I fear that they have, as Jon Stewart has joked for over a year now, found a way to "screw up the 2008 election". I am not a huge Hilary fan, and while I am a fan of Obama, I don't believe that he is electable. Too many ignorant people (like those who work at FOX news), who "confuse" his name with "Osama", Too many ignorant people that believe he has a "muslim agenda"....

Here's my grand idea!

Let's put a stop to all the debates. Let's take the top twelve contenders from both sides, and sequester them in a house. Both political parties will be on teams, and each week, they will have to complete a challenge. The team who performs the worst on that challenge will go into the boardroom and face, you guessed it, The Donald who will fire one member of the losing team. And it will, of course, be televised. So we can see the candidates in action. Imagine the applause when he said "Mitt Romney, that is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. You're fired!" Priceless.


Keithclan, 3:25 PM

3 Comments:

I'd watch that show. I think the whole country would too. Does the Donald have a website that you can pitch that idea to him? Check it out and see.
Blogger Heather, at 7:20 AM  
I've never watched the Apprentice, but I do believe that's the time I would! What a good idea, kiddo.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 AM  
FAB-U-LOUS idea!!!
Blogger Pam, at 2:59 PM  

Add a comment