My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, May 24, 2007

twenty-four hours from now...

Twenty-four hours from now, the half packed bags that sit on the office couch will be crammed into our tightly packed van.

Twenty-four hours from now, we will hopefully be on the road, listening intently to a Beverly Cleary book on tape (yes, we still listen to actual tapes in the van).

Twenty-four hours from now, I will start to hear Lillian ask "are we there yet?" To which Pierce will answer "We're almost there when we get to the roller coaster roads, Lillian, remember?" And I will remember. All of the vans, cars, and church vans in which I have traveled down the roller coaster roads. I will remember the time we came down a hill to find a cow standing in the middle of the road, or the one time we had to hit the brakes while a bonnet clad old lady crossed the street to get her mail.

Twenty-four hours from now, I settle into my seat in the van, satisfied and proud in my assurance that every swimsuit, towel, pillow, bottle of sunscreen and bugspray, and special blanket have been remembered.


Twenty-four hours from now I will be on the road to one of my favorite places on Earth. But right now....



Sigh..... I obviously have no right to be blogging!



I hope you all will enjoy your holiday weekend as much as we will!


Keithclan, 4:18 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment