My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Feeling Reflective

Last summer was horrid. The worst bout of depression I will hopefully ever know took over my life. It came unexpectedly, a year after giving birth instead of days after.

Last summer I found that those I considered to be great friends were much more the fair weather type.

Last summer I was in a very dark place, and wasn't honest with myself about just how dark.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to be able to put a past tense to all these things. To definitively differentiate between then and now, how I felt and how I feel.

Have you seen those commercials for Claritin? Where they pull back the film to reveal a much clearer picture? That is the best way to describe the difference. I walked, I talked, I went through with the daily motions of life, but without actually feeling alive.

Although it hasn't happened overnight, I have awakened, and I feel great. Life not only seems more than just bearable, but more than just manageable as well. Life is fun. Life is good.

This summer, I have a wonderful family.

This summer, I have genuine friends.

This summer, I have a fantastic job!

This summer, I have myself back. I couldn't ask for more.
Keithclan, 6:36 PM

1 Comments:

This is too weird - Just last weekend we were in the backyard and I was playing soccer with Little D and I looked over to my husband and made the comment of how much better things can become in just a year. The first time I had played soccer with Little D was right after we moved here and we were both so sad. He had no friends, I had no friends and we just weren't enough for eachother. To see your 4 year old with out friends is heartbreaking and then to realize you had no friends either doesn't help anything at all.

Things have gotten sooooo much better and he has plenty of little buddies and so do I:)

Here's to the BEST SUMMER YET for both of us and our families:)
Blogger Pam, at 9:14 AM  

Add a comment