My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, June 01, 2007

These last two weeks have been crazy. End of the year everything, this week the girls have had rehearsals for they play (opening night is tonight!) almost every night, work days for me at work, crazy. I am only surviving all of it because of last week's hiatus.

reasons why I love Family camp:

duck duck goose. My older kids try to act as if they are only playing it for the sake of the younger ones, but they love it. Seriously, they could play for hours! But only at family camp, they would be too grown up for it anywhere else.

I don't have to cook, I eat yummy yummy food, and I don't have to do dishes.

This year, Pierce and I woke up before everyone else and walked around the road to camp. We watched a hawk (making lazy circles in the sky) and then spent a good twenty minutes just watching and listening to a hummingbird. All three of the girls took turns helping me do jigsaw puzzles. I had forgotten how much I like jigsaw puzzles (I stayed up with a group until 2:30 a.m. finishing one) Lately, our lives have had little jigsaw puzzle time, too much soccerhomeworkactingchoirschool time, and it was such a nice change of pace.

Max participated in the talent show this year! He sat on the host's lap, and would sing "Down by the Bay", whenever the microphone was placed in front of him. It became a ventriloquist act. Ridiculously cute!

We didn't get in the van. Not once, for an entire weekend. I want to plan a weekend like that soon. The park, our church, City Bites, are all within walking distance from our house. I think it will be fun to do a van free weekend in the city.

My absolute favorite thing about family camp is the people. I can see the appeal of communal living, waking up every day to see so many friendly faces, the extended family feeling, it all sounds like fun. (minus any poison kool-aid or anything like that, of course)

Okay, I am off to watch Pierce perform the Pledge of Allegiance in sign language at the end of the year awards assembly, Jordan's last in grade school, sniff, sniff. I would possibly post a video, if the video camera hadn't been introduced to the creek this weekend. Not by my clumsy self, either. I won't say who did it, just that he is an adult in our family.

Have a great weekend!
Keithclan, 7:48 AM

1 Comments:

Too funny - I love family camp for all the same reasons:)
Blogger Pam, at 8:53 PM  

Add a comment