My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Can I have some ketchup to go with that crow?

I consider myself a semi-intelligent, not-so-gullible person.

I know that chiggers do not indeed crawl under your skin, and require clear nail polish induced suffocation in order to die (and apparently float around in your bloodstream?)

I don't remember a time when I actually thought ringworm was a kind of a worm.

I know that the bugs that Okies call locusts are actually cicadas.

I am aware that ostriches do not actually bury their heads in the sand, and that lemmings will only jump blindly off of a cliff after being spun in a centrifuge so long that they feel the way you would after a night of binge drinking.

HOWEVER,

There is one old wives tale that I was totally willing to sit back and accept as fact, mainly because it's being true would make my life easier:

That turning lights on and off uses more electricity than leaving them on.

And wouldn't you know that the Mythbusters would go and rain on my parade and prove it to be false?

If you'll excuse, I have some lights to go turn off.
Keithclan, 11:12 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment