My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A reoccuring complaint, hope for a brighter future, and a plea for advice

I say Wal-Mart you say fruit flies!
Wal-Mart!
Fruit flies!
Wal-mart!
Fruit flies!

Yep. My house is infested yet again. If you are asking, "hey, if it keeps happening, why shop there?" The answer is, "because there are no good options that are close." I live in an area with very limited grocery shopping options. I try to drive to the better option *cough* (Super Target) as often as possible, but it's pretty far away. And a lot of our staples are a lot more expensive there. Seriously, it might not sound like a real problem, but I can;t tell you how many people I have heard lament over the same issue.

But...
Aah ahhhhhhhhh (angelic choir singing)
I heard (from a very reliable source) that we may very possibly be getting a Whole Foods very close very soon. I am super excited. I have heard great things about this chain.

So, if you live in an area with a Whole Foods, give me some feedback, please. Is it a store where you can buy most of the things you need? Are the prices reasonable? Will I love it?

Anxiously awaiting your responses.....
Keithclan, 8:41 AM

5 Comments:

Are fruit flies similar to gnats? If so I think I have them too.

Heather
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  
Oh you will soooooo love Whole Foods! Most things are more expensive however. But there is always a sale on something and with a sale, it's all reasonably priced but if you plan on shopping there for everything and not Walmart then your grocery bill will climb. My husband is allergic to gluten and Whole Foods is my saving grace for everything gluten free and fabulous tasting:) For specialty stuff like gluten free items it's far cheaper then the grocery store because they stock so much of it and it's considered a specialty item at the grocery store. They have all these little sections that you can get whatever you want for lunch - coffee, sandwiches, pizza, pulled pork, even fresh seafood and the baked goods....to die for. Always free samples - all over the store. Just really great food. You might pay more, depending on the sale items, but I think it's worth it. I've never had a bad thing from Whole Foods:)

Ok, so now I am totally hungry:)
Blogger Pam, at 2:05 PM  
Whole Foods is more expensive, but you will end up with staple items you cannot live without and are willing to pay a bit more for. I end up getting half my stuff and Wally World and half and a specialty store (not WF, but a similar place that is closer, but I am familiar and can vouch for the higher prices). We are getting a 'flagship WF' close to me though, and I am excited (and you are jealous). Later, Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  
Heather-yes, fruit flies are similar to gnats, and they are darn hard to get rid of! I've found the best way to battle them is to spray the air where they are swarming with water, which makes them fall to the counter where they can be wiped up. Yelling "HA ha! Fruit flies, how do you like them apples. Get it? Apples? Fruit flies?" and laughing maniacally helps, too.

Pam- Sales? On health food? Get out! Honestly, I don't think I have ever bought any type of health food on any type of sale. Coupons, yes. Sale, no. I am sooo excited! And the lunch section, yum.

Elena-of course I am jealous, but you paid a price for your awesome shopping. Let's face it, you moved to a completely foreign country! That reminds me, does Simon have duel citizenship? :)
Blogger Keithclan, at 10:19 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogger Keithclan, at 10:25 AM  

Add a comment