My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, July 20, 2007

so glad I can hide behind my kids

Because if I didn't have kids, I would still be buying the new Harry Potter book at midnight. Which really isn't bad in itself. But I would still want to go someplace fun to make a wand, wear the glasses, get a scar painted on my forehead, and that might seem just a tad bit weird!

I had planned on writing a long post revealing my (I am certain) accurate predictions, but it didn't happen. Been crazy busy. And, unfortunately, that does not include reading all of the previous Harry Potter books. I only made it to book four, although I was reminded (by my own brain and my daughter's) of most of what happens in the fifth book after watching the movie.

One interesting errand I did have to run was getting a copy of Jordan's birth certificate. There were signs posted everywhere stating that the cost of a birth certificate is $10.00. Although, when I reached the counter, I was informed by the nice lady working there that the birth certificate I needed would be $15.00. Because I wasn't married to her father when she was born. Whaattt? I wanted to explain to her that we got married when Jordan was six weeks old, and have been married for the past eleven and a half years. But I realized she couldn't care less, and handed her the extra $5.00. Is that what they call a sin tax?

The birth certificate was needed, by the way, so that my daughter can go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls next week. I am so excited for them!

Alright, I most go. I have much to do, and unfortunately I have no time turner like Hermione to help me.

Oh, on a final note? I will be wearing my "I TRUST SEVERUS, ALBUS DID." T-shirt. If that gives you any indication as to my predictions.....
Keithclan, 4:25 PM

5 Comments:

I wanna hear your predictions.

Yeah, a "sin tax" in the Bible Belt wouldn't surprise me.
Blogger Unknown, at 5:10 PM  
sin tax - lol!
Blogger Pam, at 9:40 PM  
Karen-Alright, I'm already on page 106, but I will tell you that I still think Snape is "good". Albus was not begging for his life, but for Snape to kill him so that Malfoy wouldn't have to. MAlfoy will end up switching sides or sacrificing himself for the Order.I also think maybe Crookshanks will end up being someone? And I believed Sirius's mirror would give Harry some help (still do). Now I have to go read!
Blogger Keithclan, at 9:35 AM  
Niagra Falls is beautiful, good for them! However, I thought the rules had changed and you actually have to have a passport to get into Canada and Mexico... I hope you have checked this out and I am wrong. I hope they have a wonderful trip! Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM  
i have started on the books... ashamedly, i am only on book one. (life got busy, and it's been on the bookshelf for years!) but i am a total fan. we love the movies. and i do intend on getting every book read. soon. :):):)

my mom said she went to the grocery store this morning and the new harry potter was already marked 40% off.... too bad i wasn't there!

and i'm pretty sure i heard on the news recently that the changes to the passport rules were temporarily modified or were postponed or something. that will be an awesome trip! post a picture when she gets back!
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 10:26 PM  

Add a comment