My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A quick antecdote

I have a post nearly finished about Jordan's experiences as a middle schooler, but I don't have the energy to finish it tonight (just can't figure out how to get my blog to play "Sunrise, Sunset". Just joking, sort of). There is new news about the whole pit bull thing, but I want a break from talking about that. And there's a whole rant about Pierce's school, but I'm not in the ranting mood. So I will tell a little story from dinner tonight.

Max is still in a highchair at dinner. We only have six chairs at the table, so it is mostly out of necessity. The highchair sits a little behind and to the side of the table, and tonight, as the older kids were recanting their days, Max kept leaning up to me and saying "What are they talking 'bout, mom?" So I took the tray off his highchair and pulled him up to the table. He was oh so very proud.

--I said "Okay, everybody, let's give Max a chance to tell us about his day."
--Through an ear to ear grin he giggled "I don't know."
--So I prodded him with a few questions I already knew the answers to: "Did you paint today?"
--"YEAH! They paint my arm! And hand!"
--"What colors?"
--"Ummm, brown! And geen!" "It's not funny, guys" (a little scowl here, because the older kids were giggling).
--"What did they make out of your arm and hand?"
--"A twee! A twee!"

It was very cute. He is officially a big boy now.

Alright. I'm off to get ready for tomorrow. We are all still adjusting to the new schedules, and we are all very grump from about 3:00 to 6:00. I'm hoping we fall into routine soon. Because I am beat, people. The walking dead. A zombie. Hopefully more tomorrow.....
Keithclan, 8:37 PM

1 Comments:

we're a tired group here, too! we only had three days of school, but i'm feeling it already! and today's labor day... it's a holiday, no school. i turned off all the alarms.

b#3 was up just after 6. b#5 and b#2 were up just before 7. i look forward to the days when they're at the ages where they want to sleep in!
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 11:02 PM  

Add a comment