My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Friday, August 03, 2007

Vacation part 1

I have put this post off for a few days due to overwhelming frustration. I use photobucket to download my pictures, and planned on having a photo album from our vacation, because I know slideshows, particularly long slide shows, can be a tad on the tedious side. But I could not figure out how to get the album on my blog. So I decided to do a slideshow through Photobucket, and I put descriptions on all of the pictures. Only photobucket slideshows are only about 10 pictures long. So I went back to Slide to make a slideshow, and my captions for the pictures didn't show up. UGH!!

So, I will tell you that Chad and the girls had a great time! They took the train to Chicago, spent the day walking around Chicago, then went on to Buffalo. The train was not very comfy for sleeping, but they still had a great time. There was an observation room with large windows, the girls loved that, and they even met a few friends. They spent the day in Buffalo, admiring lake Erie, and then went on to grandmas.

They spent one day at Niagara Falls, one day at a beautiful state park, and on the way back, they went to the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago. The rest of the time they spent exploring around grandma's, apparently there were several streams on the property.

Definitely destined to be an annual trip. Next time they may go through St. Louis instead.

The rest of the Keiths had a great vacation as well, I will post about that trip soon.

Can you believe summer is almost over? I don't think I'm quite ready to go back to our rigid school year routine. I am also not ready for the kids to all be a grade older, especially my sixth grader and first grader. Boy, it all goes so fast....


Keithclan, 9:58 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment