My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Quitting a bad habit

I swear, this is my last pack....of diapers, that is. Max has been showing all the signs that he is ready to potty train, but I have been so busy (and maybe just a little lazy) that we really haven't put forth the effort that we need to. I went to Target tonight, and didn't buy a pack. I have about ten diapers left, that gives me just enough for mother's day out for the rest of this week. It's all undies the rest of the time. Once he is out of diapers, it will close a chapter in my life. I have changed diapers daily since 1998. I only had about a seven month reprieve between Jordan and Ashton, so that adds another two and a half years, though they don't run consecutive with the other nine. NINE. Although I will still change diapers at work, it will be different to not have to worry about it at home. Not bad, mind you, just different. Kinda makes me want somethin' to cuddle.....
Keithclan, 9:41 PM

4 Comments:

if you need something to cuddle, I'll gladly buy you a BIG, SOFT fuzzy animal ... bunny, puppy, whatever. (and it won't need any diapers.)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  
i hear ya! but i am no where near being diaper-changing-free! wow... good for you! i've been changing since feb 2000 non-stop until today and tomorrow and the next day... and except for the brief period of time before #2 was born, i have been changing diapers for two much of those times! i'd hate to see the price tag on all those cumulative diapers!
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 3:31 PM  
I'm jealous... but congrats! Simon walked early, talked early, I thought sure my genious child would potty train early, but he could care less... I'm just hoping to only be chaning one set at a time, but we'll see! Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  
I was thinking the exact same thing tonight as I looked at Peanut. Time to potty train but not sure if I'm ready to tackle that challenge yet. She could totally do it. So I will cowboy up and get the potty seat and undies and get 'er done.

No diapers...only one binky left...it's a chapter that needs to be closed but that doesn't make it any easier, does it?
Blogger Pam, at 9:59 PM  

Add a comment