My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whining time

Why did I think that the chaos of day to day life would diminish as the holidays ended? Things are hectic. We are busy, busy, busy. Rescheduled-due-to-the-ice-storm holiday events, basketball, play practices, concerts, cub scouts, church, work, surgeries, yada yada yada. I know what you are thinking, poor, poor, Jamie. I appreciate the sympathy tears.

While you're feeling sorry for me, go ahead and shed a tear for the ridiculous weather I have to endure. I see all the blogs with the happy children playing in the snow, and I feel envy. We just have freezing cold wind and enough snow to be annoying. No snowmen, no sledding, just a dusting of the white stuff. And did I mention the cold, cold wind?

I am planning summer fun to get my mind off it. Trips to K.C., hopefully the Great Wolf Lodge in Texas, maybe Branson? maybe New York for some of the Keiths? Anything sounds good to me right now as long as short sleeves and flip-flops are appropriate attire.

I am taking a barely 24 hour hiatus sans kids and hubby tomorrow. I won't say why. It doesn't have anything to do with tonights premiere of Lost. And it doesn't involve custom made "Lost watch party" shirts, or Dharma logo beer, or an island themed dinner. Because that would be kinda dorky. Oh yeah, so am I! And I'm really looking forward to it. Especially the sans kids part :)
Keithclan, 4:17 PM

2 Comments:

Let me know when you come to the lodge in TX, we're talking about taking Simon sometime, too, maybe we can meet up! Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM  
Well we got our big surprise dumping of snow (and are still melting out of it), but the last few days have been totally frigid windy days. I don't like cold wind! I'm totally miserable anytime I have to set foot outside. I empathize with ya... I'm whinin' too.
Blogger LaughterThoughts, at 9:59 PM  

Add a comment