My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Reason #587 why I hate my big fat mouth

One day, at work, I was talking to a few of the kids in my class, two year olds, about their younger siblings. One little girl walks up and says "I'm a big sister." knowing she's an only child, I called her silly and tickled her. The look of two year old I-will-make-myself-heard-you-will-understand-me determination crosses her face and she says "No, I'm going to be a big sister."

I mention it to her mom after school, and she tells me she is indeed going to be a big sister.

After she leaves, I remember that her daughter had fifths disease the week before, so on Monday I ask if her ob was aware that she was exposed. She tells me yes, they were mildly concerned, but everything is okay.

Today we found out a child who comes opposite days of her has hand foot and mouth. I mention it to her and that the info sheet they handed us says to call your doctor if you are exposed. I tell her that htey aren't ever in class together, he hasn't been there in a week, but I just wanted her to be aware.

That all sounds kosher, right?

Only today when I was talking to her she was standing next to another mother in my class, a friend of hers.

Yeah, and her friends looks very perplexed and says, "Is there something you haven't told me?"

I. SUCK.

I wanted to crawl in a hole.

She says "Didn't I tell you? I'm only 14 weeks."

If I thought it would make things better, I'd write her a letter...
Keithclan, 3:28 PM

1 Comments:

Oh. my. gosh. That's just crappy on so many levels. You should totally write her a letter - I love your letters;-)
Blogger Pam, at 9:48 PM  

Add a comment