My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The storm before the calm

Every May, our lives become a whirlwind of activities. End of the year this, end of the season that, it seems like every evening there is some obligatory activity.

Usually, I become so overwhelmed by all of it that I forget that when it's all over, there will be a great void of organized activities. And that my kids need structure. They are so used to a full schedule that a switch to full days of free time leads to utter chaos.

This year, however, I am prepared. I have new books, computer games and arts and crafts up my sleeves. I know that I need to go over the days plans at breakfast. I am confident! I am woman! Hear me roar!


Here are a few pics of some of the things that have kept us on the go as of late:





A picture of all of the kids following the oldest girls' concert. They are getting better at this whole smiling for the camera, no?




Yet another "brainiac". Yep, that's Max holding a real human brain at math and science night at school.



Some soccer pics. I have to take a minute to give a shout out to Coach Tyler. Thank you for taking our team of misfits and turning them into a team that could hold their heads high (and us parents, too). Even Max got the hang of it by the end of the season, mostly. Notice the picture at the bottom where he is walking with the other team in the "good game" line. He's three, people. He went from laying face down on the field, to running with the ball to the other field (still need t o get some footage of that up, it was too funny), to stopping when the whistle was blown and kicking the ball in the general direction of the other teams goal. Can't ask for more than that.







We went to Kansas City a few weekends ago to visit my sister and I took the older two girls to see Wicked again. It was amazing again. The little kids and Chad had fun at Science City. It was a great trip.

AND... only TWO SLEEPS until family camp! AND.....I am almost done packing!!!!

Yep, I can feel an awesome summer on its way...
Keithclan, 2:44 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment