My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Monday, June 02, 2008

For recruitment purposes

I have had it up to here with blogger. It Took me about 10 tries to get that video of Jordan singing up, and each time I lost my whole post. There was initially witty text involved, something about my camera being broken because it didn't capture the cherubim sitting at my daughter's shoulder and the heavens opening and shining down upon her, but I was so fed up by the time my husband finally managed to get the video up that I couldn't look at my computer screen if that annoying blogger logo was in the corner.

Anyway, I guess I am over it. And I have great news! I just found out that a very good old friend of mine that I haven't seen in many years has finally seen the light and become a Presbyterian! That's right, another Presbyterian with hair that is neither a shade of blue or gray! And, she has more kids than me. Six. Five of them boys. Her house is probably as loud as mine! And maybe even as messy!


You know what that means, right? That I am by Presbyterian law required to recruit her for family camp. I have already mentioned the no cooking or dishes for seven whole meals in a row, which is all it takes for me, really, but I thought I might post some pictures as well in case she needs some extra convincing.

This is the camp in its entirety.

As a new Presby, I am guessing you have never seen so many walker free fellow Presbys, eh?






Okay, I know the pool pictures could have a negative recruiting effect on a mother. You want to put on a swimsuit how early in t he summer? But I will volunteer to sit next to you. I'll even put off that diet I've been talking about since Max was born for another whole year. The sacrifices I'll make for a friend....



This eight week old baby of a fellow class of 93 graduate from big Mac was there this year. I won't tell you who it is unless you come.

There's canoing!




There's fishing!



Processed meat!



And catfish skeletons!


I think that last picture would seal the deal for just about anyone.
they should hire me to make the brochures.
Keithclan, 11:55 PM

4 Comments:

CUTE pics! I can't believe family camp has come and gone already... Simon had a ball (no loud trains). And you were right, Annamarie was easy. See ya next year!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 PM  
You're right, I've never seen so many walker-free. Our little church only has, at the most, 40 regular attenders anyway. Including us. We take up an entire little pew, and most of the time our kids are the only ones in bible class...lol. The people are really good though, and as it turns out, most of them live in our neighborhood.

These pics are awesome, and the kids are looking forward to going.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  
oh wow... I just realized who you were talking about... she contacted me, too... I'll go harass her now. Elena
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  
Jamie, how dare you not inform me of that amazing picture - definitely Facebook profile material. I love it! Can you email it to me? If you do, I'll give you the next set of bones I find (maybe).

elizabeth
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

Add a comment