My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

You know you're getting older when....

I am in the office, which is right off the living room, and the kids are flipping through the channels. I hear Oprah, and ask the kids to wait a minute, I want to see what her show is about today.

Oprah: Today we have an idol, his millions of fans know him as J.T.

Me: oooh, leave it here, I want to see this.

Kids: loud sigh, and I think I can actually hear their eyes rolling in their heads.

Oprah:(I should mention here that there is some vaguely familiar pop music playing in the background) Here is is the one and only Justin Timberlake!

Me: loud sigh, I am pretty sure you can hear my eyes rolling in my head, "you can change it now"


Anyone care to guess who I mistakenly thought was Oprah's guest?.
Keithclan, 4:13 PM

3 Comments:

James Taylor and you spelled "thought" wrong. ( thoougt <--- ;) )
Blogger Chadlonius, at 4:52 PM  
Is it James Taylor? I'm ashamed to say I immediately thought it was Justin Timberlake.

I have no excuse for this. I am a 40-year-old mother of three girls who are 8, 5 and 3. None of them know Justin Timberlake.

I couldn't tell you one song he sings, and yet I was sure the JT you spoke of was Justin Timberlake.

I don't know *what* that says about me.

p.s. Found your blog through a Google Search for Laurie Berkner divorce, because her husband seems like an uncool tool and I wondered if they'd divorced yet.

I see that he's no longer in the trio of Laurie, Susie and the insert-male-guitar-player-here role.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 PM  
You found my site by searching "Laurie Berkner divorce"? How fuuny! I bet it would come up if you searched "Laurie Berkner pooped her pants" too.
Don't tell my husband if she is. I have a suspicion he would love to sit "Under a Shady tree" with her...
Blogger Keithclan, at 4:21 PM  

Add a comment