My hamper floweth over

The Keith Family News

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

God bless us, every hamster

Tonight was our yearly pet blessing at church. We bravely took three of the Keith pets tonight, though we didn't get a picture of the blessing of the hamster (which really stinks, because Lillian carried him up in his pink ball to be blessed. Too cute).

I would love to say it went smoothly, but you know how you have those days when you take your kids with you to the grocery store and you leave hiding your face the way Paris Hilton does from the press?


Let's just say Otis was not on his best behavior. He was very hyper, and very yappy.



And Scabbers, the guinea pig, peed on me.



I love this picture! Doesn't it look like they are taking the Tasmanian Devil to be blessed?
Actually, it's just that cute little kitten we found this summer.

I found these pictures that the girls took of Otis on the camera while I was downloading tonight's pictures.




The girls really love him. So I guess he can stay, for now :)
Keithclan, 10:43 PM

2 Comments:

Oh my goodness! What a cool idea! I've never heard of a pet blessing.

I love it that your guinea pig is named Scabbers.
Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 AM  
If it had been cooler, IJK had planned to wear a hoodie with Nicholas McSniff (his rat) in the pouch as a sort of "where's the pet...where's the pet...HERE IT IS!" moment for P.M.M.

I really think you should considder having a "Create a Caption" contest for the picture of him reaching in the cage. My entry for the day is: "Your demon is in the cage? Wow! This exorcism will be a cinch!"

lizzee
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  

Add a comment